Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye To The Olympics

Today is the last day for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics and what an exciting and emotional 2 weeks it has been! The men's Canada Hockey Team will be challenging the USA team in about an hour and what a game it will be! The 2010 Olympics has been special to me because it was held in Canada and it was exciting to see my 8 year old son watch the winter games and realize how powerful and dedicated the Olympic athletes are. He enjoyed watching the snowboarding, ski jumping, and of course, hockey. The most emotional part of the Olympics for me was when Joannie Rochette skated for the first time after her mom passed away and then when she won bronze. I will always think of her when I think of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I am looking forward to watching the Closing Ceremonies tonight.

Vancouver looks like an amazing city and hopefully I will be able to visit it one day. The mountains are truly beautiful.


Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment