Friday, April 2, 2010

Homemade Foot Scrub


Today is the first day that I have worn flip flops since last summer and I have noticed that my feet have been neglected over the winter. I came to the conclusion that I needed to exfoliate and moisturize them and I was thinking of trying a foot scrub made from brown sugar and olive oil. I took about 1/4 cup regular brown sugar that I use for baking and added an equal amount of olive oil. I then set up a basin with warm water and soaked my feet then applied the foot scrub. I massaged the scrub into my feet and I could instantly feel it moisturize my skin. This homemade treatment worked wonders and now my feet look and feel soft. I think next time I will add some lavender oil to it just to give it a nice calm, relaxing smell. Now I just have to pick out some pretty nail polish. I think a bright pink will do.

PS This scrub is great for men's feet too!

Bookmark and Share




4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that. My feet have seen better days too and now that sandles are almost obligatory it's best to get prepared. How did you come up with this recipe? I can see the benefit of the olive oil but why sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brown sugar exfoliates the skin and gets rid of the dead dry skin on your feet. Its also great to use on hands, elbows, and your scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, thanks so much for linking up! I've been wondering what to use to soften my feet. These are ingredients I actually have here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dee and its great to follow up with your favourite moisturizing lotion.

    ReplyDelete